Hire school facilities
You can hire primary and secondary school facilities in the evenings and at weekends for events and sports activities.
Schools are available for hire from 6pm, Monday to Friday. Weekend lets are also available subject to staff cover. Applications should be made during term time with at least 2 weeks' notice and in advance of holiday periods.
The end date on your application will be the final date for that let once approved, you need to complete a new application to request a let that continues beyond the agreed date.
There is an hourly hire rate and there may be extra charges for out of hours cover.
Some clubs and organisations may qualify for VAT exemption. Check the criteria and submit an exemption form along with your application form:
How to apply
There are two types of application:
- Download an application form for regular and block bookings [41kb]
- Download an application form for functions and special events [38kb]
You'll be asked to accept the terms and conditions of let when you submit your application:
We need more information from you for hydrotherapy pools bookings:
You also need to sign a Child and Vulnerable Group Protection declaration if you're hiring a facility as an individual and not as a member of a club or organisation. This declaration should be submitted with the application:
Kitchen and servery facilities and equipment are also available to hire (prices are available upon request):
- Download an application to hire kitchen facilities [126kb]
- Download an application to hire servery facilities [72kb]
All documents can be returned by email to email@example.com or by post to School Lets, St Teresa's Education Centre, Lochside Road, Dumfries, DG2 0DY.
Notice of all cancellations must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At least 7 days' notice is required to qualify for a fee waiver. Cancellations received at short notice will be charged in full unless under exceptional circumstances.
Schools can also be closed in emergency circumstances such as severe weather conditions which may affect your hire.
Schools with sport facilities
Some schools have dual use in partnership with leisure and sport services. These facilities can also be hired and bookings should be made direct to the facility:
- Annan Academy - Annan Swimming Pool and Games Hall
- Langholm Academy -Eskdale Sports Centre
- Douglas Ewart High School - Merrick Lesiure Centre
- Lockerbie Academy- Lockerbie Academy Leisure and Sport
- Stranraer Academy - Stranraer FC, bookings via the Ryan Centre
- Various schools - Multi Use Games Areas (MUGAs)
- Email email@example.com
- Call 01387 260107
- Write to School Lets, St Teresa's Education Centre, Lochside Road, Dumfries, DG2 0DY
You can also complete a short customer survey if you'd like to provide feedback or any comments about this page.