Transitional Relief for business rates
Business rates relief (known as transitional relief) is available for certain types of business to ensure that rates increases are capped at 12.5% plus inflation.
You can apply if the property you currently pay rates on is in one of the qualifying categories and you have a rise in rateable value of more than 14% in the 2017 revaluation.
- Class 1 - bed and breakfast accommodation
- Class 2 - camping site
- Class 3 - caravan
- Class 4 - caravan site
- Class 5 - chalet or holiday hut
- Class 6 - guest house, hotel or hostel
- Class 7 - public house
- Class 8 - restaurant
- Class 9 - renewable energy generation
- Class 10 - self-catering holiday accommodation
- Class 11 - timeshare accommodation
Apply for reduction
What happens next
We'll review your application and let you know if you are entitled to a discount, this can take 2 or 3 weeks. We may ask for more information to help us make a decision.