Planning application forms and guidance
There are various forms needed to make a planning application depending on the situation. Guidance notes are also available to help you complete an application.
We encourage applicants to submit planning applications online using e Planning Scotland. Alternatively, you can use the Scottish Government's downloadable forms to submit a paper application.
Extra forms and guidance designed for this region are available to download.
Pre-application enquiries (major developments)
This form is for enquiries about major developments only, check our information on planning advice and enquiries for other types of (non-major) proposals.
Miscellaneous guidance and information
- Planning Application - Scale of Fees [97kb]
- Scheme of Delegation to Officers for Planning [80kb]
- Farm Building Conversions - Contaminated Land Checklist [145kb]
Planning permission for mineral working
Post decision processes
Notices relating to commencement and completion of development and development for which a notice has to be displayed on site:
- Notice of Initiation of Development [15kb]
- Notice of Completion of Development [15kb]
- Notice of Development in Progress [45kb]
Notice of review to local review body
Review a decision to refuse or conditions of planning permission or non determination by local review body: