Apply for a Taxicard if you have difficulty using public transport because of serious mobility impairment. The card lets you use taxis at a reduced cost.
You'll receive £100 credit towards the cost of taxis each financial year. This can be used at any time to pay for journeys starting or finishing in Dumfries and Galloway.
You can get a card if you live in this region and one of the following applies:
- registered blind
- receive the higher rate mobility element of Disability Living Allowance
- receive the PIP Mobility Component Standard or Enhanced Rate
- receive a War Pensioners Mobility Supplement
- over the age of 60 and have a severe restriction of mobility
Apply for a Taxicard
You'll need to provide:
- your name, address and date of birth
- proof of address and eligibility
- a passport-sized photograph
- £2 application fee
If you're registered blind then you can apply via the Sensory Loss Support service at our Social Work office in Queensberry Square, Dumfries. The office is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Using your Taxicard
You can choose one of two options for your Taxicard when you apply:
- Option 1 - 50 vouchers of £2
- Book a journey with a participating company (except McLeans Taxis)
- Present your Taxicard ID and 1 or more vouchers
- Option 2 - Card (McLeans taxis only)
- Book your journey with McLeans Taxis
- Present your Taxicard ID and your McLeans card
- Tell the driver how much you want deducted from the fare
You won't receive further credit until 1 April next year if you've used your full £100.