Illegally parked vehicles may be issued with a fixed penalty notice. You'll get a 50% discount if you pay the fine within 7 days.
You can appeal a fine in certain circumstances but should try to pay your fine as soon as possible if you aren't planning to challenge the decision. The 50% discount is only available if you pay within 7 days, the full amount is payable after this time.
We may take you to court if you don't pay.
Pay a fine
- Pay online by credit or debit card
- Call 030 33 33 3000 and pay by credit or debit card
- Visit one of our Customer Service Centres and pay by cash, card or cheque
- Write to Community Safety Team, Culhorn Depot, Woodlea Road, Stranraer, DG9 7DE sending a cheque made payable to Dumfries and Galloway Council
Appeal against a fine
You can appeal against a parking fine on one of six grounds:
- You weren't the vehicle's owner, keeper or hirer when the ticket was issued.
- You didn't park incorrectly. For example, your vehicle wasn't there or your vehicle was parked in a parking bay with a valid disc/permit clearly displayed.
- Your vehicle was taken without your consent when the ticket was issued.
- The traffic order was invalid.
- You're a vehicle hire firm and have supplied the hirer's details.
- The penalty charge was more than the amount you are legally liable to pay.
Appeals must be made in writing to Community Safety Team, Culhorn Depot, Woodlea Road, Stranraer, DG9 7DE. Don't send a payment with your appeal.
We share responsibility for enforcing parking regulations with Police Scotland.
There are a number of parking schemes in operation across Dumfries and Galloway: